MA in Organizational Leadership
Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership — Overview
Target Your Leadership
An effective leader understands how each person plays a contributing role in an organization's success. The online M.A. in Organizational Leadership (MAOL) program is the key to unlocking the potential of your own leadership abilities, so you can impact your team, your business and your career. The program examines organizational change, organizational behavior and organizational management in depth, ensuring that you are effectively prepared to overcome any challenges within an organization.
Lewis University's online MAOL program focuses on the human side of leadership in the workplace, focusing how people function and how you can help them reach their full potential. The coursework is also based off real-world examples and incorporates a Capstone Project, ensuring that what you learn in the classroom will be immediately applicable to your career.
Design How You Want to Lead
The 37-hour online Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership at Lewis University offers five unique concentrations, so you're able to customize your education in order to meet your professional aspirations and become an effective leader.
- Higher Education – Student Services – This concentration focuses on the skills that leaders need to be effective at the university level, helping to manage students' non-education needs, such as financial aid, residences and admissions. You will develop effective team building skills and learn strategies in planning, design and delivery of student services. This interdisciplinary program combines a keen understanding of human behavior with leadership techniques and progressive management.
- Not-for-Profit Management – A unique specialization tailored to offer training in people-focused strategies, tools and skills and ways to apply them to nonprofit enterprises, such as charities, boards and associations. A master's degree is a valuable asset in the nonprofit world and is often required to move into high-level positions. Students will also be prepared with the necessary skills needed to start their own nonprofit initiatives with this concentration if they wish.
- Organizational and Leadership Coaching – Gain the vital skills needed to enable others to become influential leaders. This concentration utilizes a hands-on approach to develop your coaching skills and practices. The Organizational and Leadership Coaching Concentration curriculum is also accredited by the International Coach Federation (ICF) and will help you prepare for the ICF's credentialing exam.
- Organizational Management – This people-centric concentration will provide you with the management tools, leadership skills and understanding of human behavior to ensure employees work together effectively and efficiently. The topics covered throughout the course will help you target your leadership, so you can manage an organization of any size, culture or function.
- Training and Development – Learn the skills to ensure that your employees have the proper training and knowledge in order to succeed in their roles. This concentration focuses on the most effective practices and methods for training and teaching adults from diverse backgrounds and with varying learning styles, abilities and experience.
Upon completion of the M.A in Organizational Leadership program, you will be able to:
- Apply models to the practice of leadership in organizational change, conflict management and team building
- Discuss the role of leadership in shaping organizational culture with particular emphasis on diversity, participative management and self-reflection
- Implement critical-thinking and decision-making skills to enhance your leadership and overall organizational effectiveness
Career Opportunities for Organizational Leadership Professionals
Lewis University's online M.A. in Organizational Leadership is ideal if you are looking for a career as an:
- Business Analyst
- Corporate Recruiter
- Career Counselor
- Education Administration Coordinator
- Financial Service Coordinator
- Human Resources Manager
- Leadership Coach
- Organizational Development Consultant
- Operations Manager
These are only a few of the challenging and rewarding positions that professionals with this advanced knowledge of organizational leadership can hold.
Take the next step toward discovering your true leadership abilities with Lewis University's online Organizational Leadership Master's program. Call (866) 967-7046 to speaking with a Graduate Admissions Counselor or click here to request more information.