This course is designed to provide students with an understanding of the potential contribution of mentoring and coaching programs as resources for leadership development. With an understanding of the skills and structures required for both mentoring and coaching programs, students will discern opportunities and design plans for implementing and evaluating programs to develop professional leaders in their own organizations.
- Differentiate between the roles and functions of coaches and mentors.
- Explain the history of coaching and mentoring.
- Define the role and function of governing and credentialing bodies of coaching and mentoring professions such as the International Coach Federation (ICF).
- Apply appropriate coaching core competencies.
- Explain the role of ethics in coaching and mentoring.
- Generate effective coaching questions.
- Apply different coaching models and approaches.
- Define current coaching certification options and processes.
Take the Next Step
Learn more about Lewis University's online programs. Call (866) 967-7046 to speak with a Graduate Admissions Counselor or click here to request more information.