MS Information Security
Lewis University designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence
Meets the Committee on National Security Systems National Training Standards for Information Systems Security Professionals, Senior Systems Managers
The Online Master of Science in Information Security
Advance your career while defending and protecting freedom at the corporate, national and global cyber level with a Master of Science in Information Security.
The MSIS program offers coursework that covers the ten domains of knowledge required for the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) examthe "gold standard" of information security. You will also choose from two distinctive concentrations that will prepare you to become a leader in winning the war on cyber warfarea leader like Lewis alumnus Matt Kwiatkowski.
Two Concentrations to Choose From
Study advanced topics in operations, forensics, programming, strategic risk assessment and more and choose a concentration that best aligns with your individual career goals.
- Management Concentration: Advance into leadership and management roles with courses that focus on developing and implementing large-scale plans and strategies for securing data, IT governance and compliance, risk management, auditing and security assurance
- Technical Concentration: Learn to master a wide range of information security issues and topics with hands-on training and knowledge including strategies to repel hackers, secure programming principles and computer forensics
Stay on the Cutting Edge and Advance Your Career
Gain skills and knowledge that are immediately applicable to defending and protecting freedom.
- Study a foundational curriculum thats suitable for career changers interested in Information Securityeven if you dont have an IT background
- Enter a high-demand career field with a salary range of $95,000$149,750 for Security professionals1
- Join a community of Lewis alumni who are successful in the field of Information Security
- Excel at coursework that meets the national standards of the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS)
- Coursework prepares you for the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) exam and satisfies the two year work experience requirement to sit for the exam
Lewis Sets the Standard for Information Security
Become part of a university designated by the The National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education (CAE/IAE) for the academic years 20112016.
To learn more about the Master of Science in Information Security, request more information or call toll-free at 1.866.967.7046 to speak with a Graduate Admissions Counselor.
1 The Robert Half Technology 2013 Salary Guide