This course is the study of the design and analysis of computer algorithms including the data structures used in these algorithms. Topics include design techniques, such as divide-and-conquer, dynamic programming, the greedy method and backtracking, sorting, searching, graph computations, pattern matching and NP-complete problems.
- Solve problems to illustrate the use Python language elements and programming.
- Software development process such as system requirements and architecture, design, coding and testing will be defined.
- Algorithm analysis and useful functions.
- Design of recursive and iterative algorithms.
- Design data structures based on array, stacks and queues.
- Other more advanced data structures will be introduced: linked lists, binary trees, priority queues, and hash tables.
- Introduce sorting and evaluation of the algorithms.
Take the Next Step
Learn more about Lewis University's online programs. Call (866) 967-7046 to speak with a Graduate Admissions Counselor or click here to request more information.