File storage structures, relational database management systems, entity relationship diagrams, relational algebra, relational calculus, SQL, database security, concurrency control, distributed and cloud storage solutions, coding database-supported web sites using PHP and XML.
- Explain why database management systems are widely used.
- Access data stored in a relational database by designing and implementing database queries using SQL.
- Draw ER diagrams to represent database designs.
- Design and implement a relational database.
- Explain how file organization impacts database performance.
- Evaluate the security of a database system.
Take the Next Step
Learn more about Lewis University's online programs. Call (866) 967-7046 to speak with a Graduate Admissions Counselor or click here to request more information.