Join our legacy of leaders to change the face of justice.
The criminal and social justice field is in need of individuals with the passion to lead and join the next generation of professionals to defend against injustices. Lewis' online MS in Criminal/Social Justice program will build upon your desire to make a difference in law enforcement while utilizing your years of experience defending the public. The online program will instill within you an advanced understanding of the knowledge and skills needed to critically analyze and ethically address the complex issues in contemporary society that criminal justice professionals are tasked with every day.
Practical Curriculum for Diverse Skills in Criminal Justice
The online Master's in Criminal/Social Justice is a 36-hour program designed to provide students with a solid, broad-based understanding of the field of criminal and social justice.
- Core Courses: Courses emphasize organizational and management theory, the development of practical skills relating to the administration of criminal justice agencies and the ability to apply theory and research to address and resolve practical problems.
- Electives: Diverse courses are offered to satisfy the academic interests and professional needs of students who are either currently employed or seeking employment in criminal justice administration, law enforcement, corrections, juvenile justice and homeland security.
Upon earning your masters in social justice, you'll be prepared to:
- Apply organizational and management theory to effectively manage personnel and efficiently allocate resources in the delivery of criminal/social justice services.
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically about issues relating to crime and justice in contemporary society and apply creative solutions to address and resolve those issues.
- Recognize how professional and ethical thinking are essential to building both a successful career and elevating the stature of criminal/social justice as a profession.
- Recognize the preeminence of social justice, the responsibility for safeguarding human rights, and personal stewardship of social justice in all professional endeavors.
- Work collaboratively with fellow practitioners and the community to jointly achieve common goals.
Why Study Criminal Justice at Lewis University?
There are many online social justice graduate programs to choose from, so it’s important you select the one that will have the biggest and most direct impact on your career—and now that you’ve found Lewis University, your search is over. Here are some reasons to earn your online MS in Criminal Justice from Lewis University :
- Lewis University is proud to be a Gold Academic Alliance Member of the FBI National Academy Associates, Inc. (FBINAA), the largest law enforcement leadership network in the world, as well as a recognized Military Friendly School and member of the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program
- Our program teaches students diverse skills needed to excel in the fields of criminal justice administration, law enforcement, corrections, juvenile justice and homeland security
- The online Criminal Justice Master’s degree is identical to the degree offered on campus and taught by the same world-class faculty
- This robust graduate program does not repeat topics but instead builds upon the skills you’ve learned in the field and during your undergraduate criminal justice studies
- Graduates will join the legacy of Lewis University’s distinguished criminal justice alumni community, including former Secret Service Agent Tim McCarthy and Commissioner of the Philadelphia Police Department Charles H. Ramsey
Career Opportunities for Criminal Justice Professionals
Lewis University's online M.S. in Criminal/Social Justice will give you the knowledge and skills needed to protect your community and become an advocate for social justice. The online program is ideal for students interested in a challenging, yet rewarding career in positions, such as a:
- Corrections Officer
- CIA Agent
- Deputy Sheriff
- ICE Agent
- Police Officer
- Probation Officer
- Secret Service Agent
Visit the Career Outlook page for an expanded list of jobs in the criminal justice field and career opportunities with a criminal justice degree.
To be admitted into the online Criminal Justice Master’s program, you must hold a bachelor’s degree in a social or behavioral science from an accredited college or university or be currently serving in the criminal justice field. If you do not have a bachelor’s degree related to social or behavioral science and are not currently serving as a criminal justice practitioner, you will need to compete two criminal justice courses selected by the program director with a grade of “B” or better before being admitted into the program as a master’s degree candidate.
Learn more about the program’s admission requirements.
Become a Leader in Criminal Justice and Social Change
Prepare to lead the law enforcement community with Lewis University’s MS in Criminal/Social Justice program, available online and on-campus. Call (866) 967-7046 to speak with a Graduate Admissions Counselor or click here to request more information.