Discover Healthcare Solutions Through Data Analysis
The online Graduate Certificate in Data Science in Computational Biology and Bioinformatics* was created for professionals and students to pursue a career in health care and work in the data science industry. Students who complete this certificate program have a greater understanding of the technical skills that go into data analysis and biotechnology. The program will instruct students how to apply techniques in computational biology, pharmaceuticals, and genetics.
An added benefit to attaining this certificate is that all the credits earned are transferable to Lewis University’s Master’s program in Data Science.
Students who complete the graduate certificate program gain the knowledge and technical skills to:
- Be real-world problem solvers in how best to use data to inform decision-making in computational biology and bioinformatics
- Evaluate possible solutions for data storage and encryption that meet prescribed performance and storage requirements
- Create software for analyzing large data sets
- Implement data management solutions related to computational biology and bioinformatics
- Identify trends within data sets
- Utilize big data sets
- Compare cloud-based solutions for storing large data sets in terms of performance, security, query mechanisms, software development, and cost
- Use innovative ways to utilize data for technical research
- Create and choose visualization approaches that most clearly depict the characteristics of the data that need to be communicated for a particular purpose
Why Earn a Graduate Certificate in Data Science?
With some work experience or an undergraduate degree under their belt, many professionals find that growth and promotion opportunities within their company are limited unless they earn additional higher education credentials. Regardless of whether you are a tenured professional in computational biology and bioinformatics or new to a career in data analysis, earning an advanced certificate will help you progress in your career path.
The Graduate Certificate in Data Science in Computational Biology and Bioinformatics* is equally suitable for individuals with a bachelor’s degree in information technology, the life sciences, or mathematics. Botanists and geneticists, database administrators and IT managers alike will benefit from this course of study regarding the intricacies of storing and sorting massive amounts of data in their data platforms.
Completing Lewis’ online data science graduate certificate program will only take you a year, and during that time you will gain valuable data science tools to help you climb the professional ladder.
However, we understand that you may not be able to commit more than one year to your graduate studies right now. That’s why our online graduate certificate students have the option to return to Lewis for their master’s program with those 18 credits applied toward their online advanced degree in data science.
An Excellent Certificate for Today's Best Data Science Careers
The online Graduate Certificate in Data Science in Computational Biology and Bioinformatics at Lewis University consists of 18 credit hours and can be completed in just 12 months. The certificate program pairs perfectly and was designed to work with Lewis' Master of Science in Data Science program.
The online certificate courses are led by faculty with years of hands-on experience in data visualization, data management, and applying big data to computational biology and bioinformatics. The staff will ensure that graduates of the program receive real-world experience and skills that are applicable to their careers in data science.
How to Learn More About the Graduate Certificate
Take the next step toward obtaining a greater understanding of data analysis, both for healthcare and data science, with Lewis University's online Graduate Certificate in Data Science in Computational Biology and Bioinformatics*. Call (866) 967-7046 to speak with a Graduate Admissions Counselor or click here to request more information.
* Formerly known as Data Science for the Life Sciences Certificate.