Discover healthcare solutions through data analysis
The online Graduate Certificate in Data Science for the Life Sciences was created for professionals and students who desire a greater understanding of how to work with big data at the interface between life sciences and computational methods. The certificate offers a strong foundation in how to apply data analysis techniques to the Life Sciences. Students will have the opportunity to transfer credits toward the master's program.
Individuals who complete the graduate certificate program gain the knowledge and skills to:
- Evaluate possible solutions for data storage that meet prescribed performance and storage requirements
- Create software for analyzing large data sets
- Implement data management solutions related to the Life Sciences
- Identify trends within data sets
- Be real-world problem solvers in how best to use data to inform decision-making in the Life Sciences
- Compare cloud-based solutions for storing large data sets in terms of performance, security, query mechanisms, software development, and cost
- Create and choose visualization approaches that most clearly depict the characteristics of the data that need to be communicated for a particular purpose
An Excellent Certificate for Today's Best Careers
The online Graduate Certificate in Data Science for the Life Sciences at Lewis University consists of 18 credit hours and can be completed in only 12 months. The certificate program was designed based on Lewis' M.S. in Data Science program. Also, the courses are led by faculty with years of experience in the field of data visualization and data management and applying big data to the life sciences, ensuring that gradates of the program receive real-world experience and skills that are applicable to their careers.
Take the next step toward obtaining a greater understanding of healthcare data analysis with Lewis University's online Graduate Certificate in Data Science for the Life Sciences. Call (866) 967-7046 to speak with a Graduate Admissions Counselor or click here to request more information.