Master of Science in Data Science
Computer Scientist Concentration
Life Scientist Concentration
Data Science Industry Resources
Visit these sites to learn more about the latest in the Data Science industry, resources, associations and career opportunities.
- Databases Demystified by Andy Oppel (Author): Design, build, and manage a fully functional database with ease. Thoroughly updated to cover the latest technologies and techniques, Databases Demystified, Second Edition gives you the hands-on help you need to get started.
- Data Warehousing 101: Concepts and Implementation Paperback by Arshad Khan (Author): Data Warehousing 101: Concepts and Implementation will appeal to those planning data warehouse projects, senior executives, project managers, and project implementation team members. This book reviews the evolution of data warehousing and its growth drivers, process and architecture, data warehouse characteristics and design, data marts, multi-dimensionality, and OLAP.
- An Introduction to Statistical Learning with Applications in R (James, Witten, Hastie, and Tibshirani): An introduction to statistical learning methods that covers the mathematical concepts involved in analyzing large quantities of data and then demonstrates the mathematics using the statistical programming language R.
- Data Science Central — Covering analytics to data integration, Data Science Central is a digital community that strives to keep you abreast on the latest industry news, tools, and trends, along with career opportunities.
- Data Sciences International — World renowned for physiologic monitoring, DSI offers an array of software and service solutions to help further the advancement of science.
- KD Nuggets — KD Nugget is among the data mining community's top resources, reporting on recent software, company news, education, and open data mining jobs.
- What's the Big Data — Started by Gil Press, What's the Big Data is a hub of big data education and events with up-to-date news on startup ventures.
- Data Science 101 — This website is ideal for individuals new to data science or for those just starting out, given that you can share in and follow Ryan Swanstrom's journey as he immerses himself in the field and attempts to become a true data scientist.
- Listudy — Listudy is a phenomenal resource for those who are new to data science and for those who have a firm understanding of coding or statistics, given that you can advance your understanding of data science based on your current knowledge and skills.
- Data Science Association — Data Science Association, a nonprofit organization, offers a wide array of resources to those working in big data, ranging from certifications and conferences. It also functions as a forum where professionals, students, researches, and academics can come together to discuss trends and news related to data science.
- Security Data Science — To utilize Security Data Science, you need to register for membership. But once you do so, you'll have access to a community of like-minded professionals who are at the forefront of data science security.
- IEEE — IEEE.org caters to both technical professionals and students who desire to create working relations and gain access to the latest big data research and knowledge.
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) — ACM is the world's largest education and scientific computing society that promotes the advancement of computing as both a science and a profession.
Prepare to make an impact on your career with Lewis University's online Master of Science in Data Science degree program. Call (866) 967-7046 to speak with a graduate admissions counselor or click here to request more information.