Learn to lead the next generation of first responders.
Lewis University's online Master's in Public Safety Administration is a 36-hour program that provides students with a contemporary course of study that is practical and flexible to meet the needs of public safety professionals. The online program teaches students the unique nuances of managing public safety, instilling the knowledge and skills to efficiently manage resources and lead teams in this evolving field, while directing first responders. Students will also learn to reduce the threat of potential hazards at the local, state and federal levels through applied theories and practices surrounding both risk management and crisis intervention.
Lewis University's online Master of Science in Public Safety Administration teaches the vital skills to navigate and address the complex challenges of public safety while confidently leading and communicating with authorities in times of crisis. Students will also develop a comprehensive understanding of the fundamentals involved in emergency management and response, public safety, environmental protection and more.
Upon graduating from Lewis' online M.S. in Public Safety Administration program, you'll be prepared to:
- Critically analyze issues associated with decision making, communication and conflict resolution that impact organizational behavior.
- Demonstrate knowledge of leadership theories, concepts, and practices as related to the effective management of organizations.
- Discern principles and theories of motivation that relate to employee performance and behavior within organizations.
- Formulate creative responses to complex issues through critical analysis.
- Model ethical and professional behaviors to guide inquiry and practice in a global and diverse society.
- Synthesize theoretical and research concepts from multiple perspectives to inform inquiry and practice.
- Systematically examine principles and values of managing diversity within organizations.
Gain Concrete Skills that are Crucial in Vital Public Safety Fields
- Expand your skills in creative thinking and innovative problem-solving
- Communicate effectively within your department, outside agencies and the public
- Learn to develop new leaders within your organization
- Successfully manage complex budgets, allocate resources and analyze data
- Earn a coveted position in the private sector
A Nationally Recognized Education to Develop Future Leaders in Public Safety
Gain the knowledge and skills to become an advocate for social justice and safety.
- The M.S. in Public Safety Administration curriculum is aligned with the standards set by the FBI National Academy Associates, Inc., of which Lewis is a Gold Academic Alliance Member.
- Enter a robust graduate program that provides you with the ethical framework to influence your decision-making as a public safety professional.
- Join the legacy of Lewis' public safety alumni community.
- Receive real-world education from experienced and connected practitioner faculty actively serving on the front lines of public safety leadership.
Career Opportunities for Public Safety Professionals
Lewis University's online Master's in Public Safety Administration is designed to help those who are preparing to manage police, fire, emergency medical services, law enforcement services and other public safety occupations in our society. The online program is ideal for students interested in challenging, yet rewarding leadership positions, such as a case manager, corrections officer, homeland security officer, law enforcement and probation officer.
Lewis University is offering reduced tuition for new Public Safety Administration students in the online program. Learn more.
Begin Leading Now
Become a leader in public safety with Lewis University's Public Safety Administration Master’s program, available online and on-campus. Call (866) 967-7046 to speak with a Graduate Admissions Counselor or click here to request more information.