This course provides an overview of organizational and leadership coaching and introduces students to the 11 coaching competencies, their significance and how to apply them in working with coaching clients. It also provides context for coaching credentials, niches and specialties, professional connections and organizing yourself as a coach. The course provides an introduction to the role and application of ethics and standards in the professional coaching environment. It is a foundational class that will assist students in developing the knowledge and resources needed to handle ethical dilemmas that present themselves in the coach-client relationship.
- Define organizational and leadership coaching and the benefits of coaching.
- Explain the history of organizational and leadership coaching.
- Apply appropriate coaching core competencies.
- Explain the role of ethics in coaching.
- Generate effective coaching questions.
- Recognize and apply different coaching models and approaches.
- Discuss coaching credentialing process and coaching practice development.
Take the Next Step
Learn more about Lewis University's online programs. Call (866) 967-7046 to speak with a Graduate Admissions Counselor or click here to request more information.