As a designated Military Friendly School, Lewis University is committed to providing a high-standard education to our service members and their families. We can help you achieve your academic and professional goals by alleviating potential obstacles such as geographical location and tuition costs, as well as offering support and guidance from the day you apply to the day you graduate and beyond.
Online Degrees at Lewis University
Lewis University’s 100% online learning format allows you the flexibility to earn an advanced degree, while also balancing life’s other responsibilities. We offer several online master’s degrees and graduate certificates to our strong student community of active duty, reserve and veteran military personnel from all around world. No matter your circumstances, Lewis’ online programs can work with the demands of military life and help you achieve your goals.
Tuition and Financial Benefits
- No Application Fee: To help get you started, Lewis University has waived the application fee for all veterans and their families.
- Little to No Tuition Costs: For many years, Lewis had been a proud partner in the Yellow Ribbon G.I. Education Enhancement Program, which allows qualified Post 9/11 veterans to earn an advanced education tuition free, although limitations do apply.
No need to apply for the benefit because it is automatic if you have 100% Post 9/11 G.I. Bill, we do not have any participant limits or deadline restrictions.
Additional Financial Resources:
- Eligible Chapters
- Using Your Benefits at Lewis University
- Military Financial Aid
- Completing a FAFSA
Student Support and Resources
As an online student, you will have access to the same experienced faculty as our campus students. Our smaller class sizes, enable you to receive more individualized support from faculty who bring their real-world expertise to life in the online classroom.
All of our online students will also have a personal Student Services Coordinator to help guide you through your entire academic journey at Lewis.
In addition, you can learn more about other career and professional development opportunities for veterans through the Student Veterans of America – Lewis University Chapter. This great networking opportunity allows you to connect with fellow veterans and discover meaningful, charitable ways you can contribute to your community.
A Tradition of Being Military Strong
- Most veteran students per capita in Illinois among private, nonprofit schools.
- Designated a Military Friendly School since 2010 by GI Jobs Magazine.
- Proud member of the Yellow Ribbon Program since 2009.
- Named “#1 Best for Vets School” in Illinois by Military Times.
- Named a Top 25 “Regional Midwest University” by U.S. News & World Report.
- Consistently named one of the "Best Midwestern Universities" by The Princeton Review.
Why Do Veterans Choose Lewis University?
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Learn more about our available online graduate programs by calling (866) 967-7046 or schedule a phone appointment to speak with a Graduate Admissions Counselor.
For more information regarding military veteran benefits and opportunities at Lewis University, please contact the Director of Veteran Affairs, Roman Ortega Jr. at (815) 836-5339.