This course provides extensive opportunity for self-assessment and discovery of leadership abilities, as well as communication, decision-making and learning styles. It explores personality theories, key contributors and factors, including personal and professional experiences, values and attitudes. Course provides students with the opportunity to discover, discuss and analyze their leadership style utilizing several inventories for identifying competencies. Focus is on applying various instruments to assess effectiveness of personal, interpersonal and organizational leadership styles. Psychometric instruments used in this course: MBTI, Keirsey Temperament Sorter (KTSII), FIRO-B, Rath StrengthsFinder.
- Examine the constructs measured by different assessment tools.
- Assess factors important for evaluating assessment tool quality and effectiveness.
- Evaluate results after completing and scoring assessments.
- Explore strengths and potential opportunities for leadership and professional development.
- Identify appropriate situations, approaches, and ethical responsibilities when using individual assessment tools.
- Create an individualized Leadership Development Plan.
Take the Next Step
Learn more about Lewis University's online programs. Call (866) 967-7046 to speak with a Graduate Admissions Counselor or click here to request more information.