Study of mathematical concepts used in data science applications. Topics include differentiation and integration of functions, optimization techniques, matrix operations, eigenvalues and eigenvectors, curve fitting, and discrete mathematics.
- Solve practical discrete mathematics and calculus problems common in statistical learning theory.
- Express linear models and related concepts in matrix algebra.
- Explore functions that model non-linearities in the data.
- Understand Bayesian theory used in common statistical learning applications.
- Explore optimization methods and understand how common iterative algorithms work.
YOUR OPPORTUNITY: You'll be prepared to comprehend and develop tools and techniques for understanding an organization's data.
Take the Next Step
Learn more about Lewis University's online programs. Call (866) 967-7046 to speak with a Graduate Admissions Counselor or click here to request more information.