Shape the Technologies that Power the Internet of Things
The Intelligent Systems concentration in the MS in Computer Science (MSCS) program teaches students how to design and implement computing systems that perceive, act and learn. You will study and implement machine learning techniques and experience-based models for solving problems. You will learn to build systems that collect and respond to various sensor measurements and design networks that communicate and respond to environmental signals. These are the cutting-edge technologies that power the Internet of Things.
Intelligent System Courses
For the Intelligent Systems concentration, students will take 4 courses (12 credit hours) from the track plus 1 elective (3 credit hours) for a total of 15 credit hours. A sample of the Intelligent Systems courses offered include:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data Visualization
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing
Based on students’ interests, potential projects completed within this concentration may involve work on lighting systems, thermal controls, automatic control systems for energy grids, wired appliances that can be remote controlled or act automatically, home security and monitoring tools, and other related systems in which the need for autonomous, intelligent decision making is critical.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Intelligent Systems concentration in the MSCS program, students will be equipped to:
- Design and implement intelligent systems that perceive, act, and learn in a variety of challenging environments.
- Utilize machine learning techniques to improve the performance of computer-based systems.
- Derive experience-based models for solving problems.
- Design systems that collect, analyze, and respond to a variety of sensor measurements.
- Design networks that help communicate and coordinate responses to environmental signals.
Shape the Science of Technology
To learn more about the online MS in Computer Science, call (866) 967-7046 to speak with a Graduate Admissions Counselor or click here to request more information.