Methods and algorithms for natural language processing (NLP). This course will present the linguistic, probabilistic and statistical foundation that underlies NLP and introduce algorithms used in NLP with an emphasis on applying these algorithms in developing computer applications.
- To provide students with the linguistic, statistical and probabilistic foundations that underlie NLP.
- To teach students the basic methods used for tokenization, parsing and tagging.
- To familiarize students with the key algorithms in NLP.
- To give students an opportunity to develop systems that incorporate natural language processing.
- To present open research problems in NLP.
Take the Next Step
Learn more about Lewis University's online programs. Call (866) 967-7046 to speak with a Graduate Admissions Counselor or click here to request more information.