This is a continuation of BIOL-50900. Students will examine how bioinformatics, statistics and computation are being used to support the discovery of new biomedical knowledge and learn the basics of computational methods used to analyze molecular sequences and structures.
- Write mathematical equations that describe biological systems.
- Write queries against biological data systems that extract the data needed to solve a problem.
- Use Matlab to model, visualize, and solve systems in the life sciences.
- Design laboratory experiments based on the knowledge gained from computer simulation.
- Based on results from laboratory experiments, refine queries and simulations to increase the accuracy of computer simulations of biological systems.
YOUR OPPORTUNITY: You'll learn how healthcare systems store and analyze data using existing information systems.
Take the Next Step
Learn more about Lewis University's online programs. Call (866) 967-7046 to speak with a Graduate Admissions Counselor or click here to request more information.