Turn Your Programming Skills Into Effective Big Data Discovery Tools
Lewis University's online Master of Science in Data Science with a concentration in Computer Science gives you an edge at understanding and managing big data across a variety of computer platforms.
You will design and develop computing systems that process, interpret, organize, and present large data sets. This program prepares you to:
- Write software in modern languages that manage, query and visualize large data sets on a number of computing platforms
- Create large-scale data storage systems that meet the requirements of a given problem, including prescribing the hardware, software, and communication links that comprise such systems
- Learn innovative ways to utilize data and handle data storage and encryption
- Master new data analysis methods and statistical analysis tools
- Design, implement, document and present a computer system that can handle the data science tasks of a particular application
- Build large-scale data platforms that are mobile-friendly and accessible to users in a variety of environments
The skills you will learn apply to many fields that focus heavily on data-driven decision-making. You will be able to sort, analyze, and test big data sets for industries as diverse as pharmaceuticals, banking, energy, education, sports, and entertainment, in an increasingly competitive job market.
Decode the Mysteries of Data Science
Lewis University's online M.S. in Data Science concentration in Computer Science provides you with a high-quality, hands-on, and team-oriented curriculum designed to deepen and broaden your understanding of data science theory and techniques so that you can create real-world solutions to some of today's most pressing data problems.
At the end of your studies, the capstone course will provide you with the opportunity to write and present a scholarly paper that documents your independent technical research related to a real-world problem or technology involving data.
Two Promising Fields. One Impactful Degree.
As technology becomes even more integral to our lives and data powers our decision-making, Data Science and Computer Science have become two of the fastest-growing fields for future employment.
- Data Scientist was ranked the No.1 job in the nation by Glassdoor, with skills that apply across industries like healthcare, business and finance, government, and more.
- Computer Science is packed with promising positions, including Machine Learning Engineer, Software Developer, and Software Engineering Manager.
Lewis' online M.S. in Data Science with a Computer Science concentration brings both of these promising fields together into one degree. You will graduate with expertise in both computer science and data science and possess the skills you need for positions with an average annual salary of almost $115,000. Learn more.
Why Should I Apply for the Computer Science Concentration?
Students who are looking for a challenging, research-intensive graduate program of study in data science will find Lewis University's master's in data science concentration in computer science to be a great fit. Individuals who enjoy working with technology, learning how to visualize data, and how to sift through it will leave this program well-prepared for a successful career in the computer science field.
How Can I Learn More?
Call (866) 967-7046 to speak with a Graduate Admissions Counselor or request more information about Lewis University's online Master of Science in Data Science with a concentration in Computer Science.