Distribution of random variables, conditional probability and independence, distributions of functions of random variables, limiting distributions.
- Distinguish among various random distributions and identify which distributions most closely characterize certain natural phenomena.
- Compute conditional probabilities.
- Compute and plot distributions of random variables.
- Solve problems whose data are characterized by specific distribution functions.
- Estimate values and compute confidence intervals.
- Formulate and test statistical hypotheses.
YOUR OPPORTUNITY: As the statistical properties of data sets help identify trends and clarify conclusions, you'll understand where such statistical measures come from.
Take the Next Step
Learn more about Lewis University's online programs. Call (866) 967-7046 to speak with a Graduate Admissions Counselor or click here to request more information.